Date(s) - 09/08/2020
8:00 am - 9:45 am
While Covid-19 is affecting us all, we still want to RUN. With the Alberta Health Services now allowing gatherings of 200, Let’s Crush COVID! Race with us in these 5k or 10k events.
Register NOW to reserve your spot on the start line.
$38 – For all distances
Refund Policy Because of a short time period from registration date to the event date, no refunds will be offered. If events are cancelled due to changes in Mass Gatherings, an event credit will be provided for future use. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED.
Quick Info: Runners will sign up to run their distance during a specific 2 minute time slot. Each time slot allows up to 20 runners in each race. The 5km Race starts at 8am. The 10km race starts at 9:30am.
*Registration closes Friday August 7 at midnite. *ENTRY FEES DO NOT INCLUDE GST or ONLINE TRANSACTION FEES
– Picnic Site #2 – the far south end of the park.
Follow this map link to the race site!
There is ample parking available in Hawrelak Park. First come-first serve.
- In order to host this event, we are following provincial and city guidelines for the health and safety of the general public. Runners assume the risk inherent in public gatherings.
- Physical distancing of 6 ft. will be enforced.
- The race will be similar to a time trial event. We will start race ‘waves’ with groups of 20 athletes. Each athlete will be spaced out 2m apart on the startline to help disperse runners, avoid congregation, and thin the crowds.
- No spectators. It’s not only difficult to see runners along the course, we also need to prevent crowds- even at the finish line.
- Each participant chooses their start time, which MUST be respected (e.g. 8:08 am).
- No pre-race briefings will be held. All event and course details will be provided via email the week leading up to the race.
- It is the athletes responsibility to know the course. The course will be marked with flagging, signage and pylons. Do not expect volunteers at every intersection. Review your course map, run the route in advance, and add the route to your fitness app to keep you on course!
- Overtaking is be allowed. Please avoid grouping/clustering during the race. Keep a safe distance of 2m. The course is wide enough and with the spaced wave starts, we can avoid clustering.
- Water/hydration stations on the courses:
- 5km (finishline);
- 10km (mid-course); This is a cup free event. Though the race will have aid stations, runners will need to bring their own form of hydration container to refill.
- Do not arrive at the start/finish area more than 30 minutes before your start time.
- Once the race is completed, you will be asked to leave the site. If you want to meet people, it is advisable to meet them elsewhere.
- Staff will be wearing masks, and we will be modifying several elements to the event in order to prevent overcrowding and ensure safety for everyone.
- Wearing a mask at the start/finish area is highly recommended, but it is not necessary during the race itself. Please bring a mask for times when you might not be able to properly distance yourself from one another.
- No meal or snacks will be given after the race.
- The organization reserves the right to expel any participant who does not comply with the instructions of volunteers and organizers, without warning.
We are currently finalizing details for a pre-race pickup the week prior.
Pickup will be available onsite just before your race time (up to 30 minutes before your time slot)
TimingThe event will be chip timed! The races will have a rolling start to help spread out runners. Due to the nature of varying start times over the course of the day, we will not have an official awards ceremony. There will be no age group or overall awards provided. Results will be emailed to you and posted online.
Public washrooms are currently closed. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently working with AHS to determine if portapotties are allowed. Please use the washroom before attending.
We will have a safe and sanitary place to store your bags and bottles of water. A “contactless” protocol will be implemented.
Due to the short registration timeframe, custom merchandise will not be provided on race day. Any merchandise ordered, will be made available for pickup at our partner location after the event, or mailed out if shipping was selected. You will receive a race bib before the race. There will be no foods at the finish line.
Race Day Sunday August 9th
***ALL ATHLETES MUST NOT CHECKIN UNTIL 30MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR POSTED START TIME*** ***NO PRE-RACE BRIEFINGS WILL BE HELD.
ALL EVENT & COURSE DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED VIA EMAIL THE WEEK LEADING UP TO THE RACE
9:30am Wave 1
9:32am Wave 2
9:34am Wave 3
9:36am Wave 4
9:38am Wave 5
9:40am Wave 6
9:42am Wave 7
9:44am Wave 8
9:46am Wave 9
** ALL times subject to change. Any changes will be confirmed via email.
The course will start and end at Site #2 in Hawrelak Park.
The whole course will be marked with ribbon, signage and pylons.
There will be 1 aid station on the course. THIS IS A CUP FREE EVENT. Runners should plan to be more self-supported than they may be used to, and must bring their own means of refilling hydration (handheld water bottle, hydration pack, belt, etc.). The station will be mostly self-serve. We will have water at the station.
Aid Stations: 1 Time Limit: 5km – 1 hour. 10km 1.5hrs
Please support our event sponsors!