- This event has passed.
June 10 @ 2:00 am - 8:00 am MDT
June 10, 2023
Standard: 1500m Swim, 40km Bike, 10km Run
Sprint: 750m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run
Tri it: 300m Swim, 10km Bike, 2.5km Run
Relay Teams – Standard & Sprint
Duathlon – 10km Run, 40km Bike, 5km Run
Kids of Steel – distances vary with age
10km & 5km Run
kids of steel
kids of steel
*Register EARLY! Fees increase on March 31 and May 12
- Fees DO NOT include GST or online transaction fees
- Triathlon Alberta membership required. You will be required to provide a valid membership number or purchase a membership (annual or $20 ‘day insurance’)
** INSURANCE REQUIRED FOR THE TRIATHLON EVENTS ONLY. NOT REQUIRED FOR THE 5k-10k RUN
In order to comply with insurance requirements, all participants must be current members of Triathlon Aberta (or other province). Membership to Triathlon Alberta comes in two forms;
1. Annual Membership – purchased online, through affiliated Clubs or individually OR;
2. Day of Race one-event Membership sold for event day ($20 for adults and $10 for kids)
- Day of Race Membership can be purchased during the event online registration
- Annual members must be able to produce a current membership card at race package pick-up, with a unique identifying membership number prior to registration.
- Current annual Triathlon Alberta or Triathlon Saskatchewan memberships will also be accepted. Memberships from other provinces or outside of Canada will not be accepted and a Day of Race Membership must be purchased.
- ENTRIES RECIEVED ON/AFTER May 21 ARE NOT GUARANTEED TSHIRTS OR SIZING.
4514 50 Ave
Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 2Z5
There is ample parking in the rec centre lot.
Please follow the directions of the volunteers upon arrival.
There are a number of local hotels available in the community.
- Friday June 9 4pm-8pm @ Manluk Centre pool
The bike check is not required.
Race Day June 10th – Saturday
- 7:00am- 7:45am
Transition Opens, Check-in, and Late package pickup
- Pre-race briefing 5 minutes prior to race start
- 8:00am-9:30am ADULT Races!
- 8:20am DUATHLON START **DUATHLON PROVINCIALS!**
- 8:30am 5& 10k Races START
- 11:30am Kids of Steel check-in
- 11:45am Kids of Steel race meeting
- ~12:00pm Kids of Steel races start
- 12:30pm Post-race munchies & draw prizes on site
** Note: ALL ADULT Athletes must be checked into transition by 7:45am to ensure there is no congestion in the transition area.
** KIDS OF STEEL race day check-in details to follow.
Wave Starts – Details to be updated the week of the event.
CHARITY AND FUNDRAISING
The role of the Wetaskiwin Health Foundation is to:
- raise funds and enhance health services for residents of Wetaskiwin and surrounding areas
- raise awareness in the community about health care needs
The Foundation will be celebrating 30 years of fundraising in 2016. Through the community’s support and generosity, the Wetaskiwin Health Foundation has disbursed approximately $2.25 Million over the past 7 years and close to $5.5 Million since 1986.
Every dollar has been strategically invested into leading edge technology and patient care enhancement.
100% of every dollar raised in Wetaskiwin & surrounding areas stays in Wetaskiwin!
Help out a great cause and reward yourself in the process!
Prizes will be awarded based on individual fundraising and not team totals.